Did you know that one of the best ways you can care for your mouth is having a clean, well-working toothbrush? Today our team is going to give you some simple tips on how you can care for your toothbrush to ensure healthy teeth for years to come.
• Rinse your toothbrush immediately after brushing. This will help remove any remaining toothpaste, food or saliva that tends to linger after brushing your teeth.
• When you are finished brushing and rinsing your toothbrush, be sure to leave it in an upright position, allowing your toothbrush to air-dry until your next use.
• If your toothbrush shares a similar location with other toothbrushes, try and prevent your toothbrush to touch others. Cross-contamination between brushes is never a good idea when it comes to your dental health.
• Never lend your toothbrush to someone else or use another toothbrush that isn’t yours. This can expose you or someone else to harmful bacteria that could make either of you sick.
• Keep your toothbrush in open air rather than in a closed container.
• Replace your toothbrush every three to four months to ensure the bristles of your toothbrush are working effectively.
Even with all that brushing, it’s important to visit your dentist every six months for regular dental cleaning appointments. Call our office today with any of your questions about dental care or to schedule an appointment with our dentist at 605-225-2050.