If you have a bad diet, it can lead to problems with your oral health and your overall health. Foods that are often bad for your waistline tend to wreak similar negative damage on your teeth and gums. Listed below are key facts regarding foods that should be avoided:
– Protect your smile against elevated risks of tooth decay and gum disease by avoiding sticky and chewy foods. The reason is that some products grip hard enough to your teeth they can resist brushing treatments long after you’ve eaten.
– One of the largest offenders for dental erosion is sour sweets. Some sour substances are extremely high in sugar and have a pH level that is nearly the same as battery acid.
– To prevent cavities, avoid sugars that can damage your teeth and wear down your tooth enamel.
– Be careful when biting into firm foods, as many oral accidents and injuries are caused when teeth are chipped, cracked, or broken off by hidden substances that are just too hard for your teeth to handle.
– Avoid substances that have a low pH and high acidity. This includes many drinks and foods, so it is imperative to exercise caution when choosing what to eat.
No matter which oral health care service you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can provide. If you would like Dr. Joe Rigg and our team at Joseph Rigg, DDS to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for you, please contact our dentist office in Aberdeen, South Dakota, by calling us at 605-225-2050. We look forward to seeing you smile!