Dental implants can be a great option for your mouth if you are missing teeth or if you wear uncomfortable dentures. They are a popular way to replace missing teeth long-term and are made specifically to blend in with your other teeth.
We are going to give you five interesting facts about dental implants that you may not have known before.
1. It is generally a good idea to have a general health evaluation from your family physician to ensure your health is well enough for the implant surgery.
2. There are two different types of dental implants that can surgically placed, endosteal implants and subperiodsteal.
3. When your dental implant is initially inserted, our dentist will recommend a diet of soft or liquid diet to ensure your mouth heals correctly.
4. During your healing time, the bone around your implant will begin a process called osseointegration. Essentially this means the bone around the implant grows, making it strong and keeping it in place. This process can take up to several months for some patients.
5. Dental implants can range from a single-tooth replacement to your entire mouth.
If you are missing one or more of your teeth, it may be time to consider a more permanent option for a replacement. Contact our offices to find out more information on your dental implant options by calling 605-225-2050 today!